Anti-Wrinkle Injections (Botox Injections)
|Anti-wrinkle injections, commonly known as Botox injections can be used to reduce the appearance of lines on your face including frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines.|
What are Botox Injections?
Botox® is a type of protein called botulinum toxin type A. This protein, when injected in small doses, causes your muscles to relax. As you age, repeated contraction of facial muscles causes lines and wrinkles to appear on the face. So the injection of Botox into these muscles relaxes them, keeping them from contracting. This results in a smoother appearance of the lines and wrinkles. It works by relaxing the nerve impulses that tell muscles to contract.
What can be treated with Botox Injections?
Botox injections can be used in virtually any area around the face and neck that require rejuvenation but they are commonly used for the treatment of two areas: the upper face and the lower face.
Botox injections are most commonly used in 3 areas in the upper face.
- Frown Lines: small doses of Botox into the area around the bridge of the nose can create a fresher appearance.
- Crow’s Feet: the delicate area around the corner of the eyes can be injected to minimise the fine lines that appear here when you smile.
- Horizontal Forehead Lines: Botox injections across the forehead reduces the appearance of the horizontal lines that occur when you raise your eyebrows.
The use of wrinkle treatments to improve the appearance of the lower face is not quite as common, but for those who experience lines and wrinkles around the mouth and chin, these treatments make a huge difference.
- Chin: Botox injections are extremely effective in preventing visible contour irregularities and giving the appearance of a smooth, evenly shaped chin area.
- Fine lines around the mouth: the area above the upper lip, along with the muscles at the corners of the mouth, are prone to developing lines and indentations due to repeated use. Injecting this area with Botox® softens this appearance by relaxing the muscle.
- Platysma Muscle: This is the muscle in your neck that results in wrinkling and sagging in this area when you age. By relaxing this muscle, this sagging is reduced.
What does Botox treatment involve?
Your injectable consultation with your practitioner will help you decide whether Botox is a suitable treatment for you and if so, which areas of your face could be treated based on the results you want to achieve. If you decide that you would like to go ahead with this treatment your practitioner will use a small, thin needle to inject the Botox in the most accurate and pain-free way. It is normal to feel a mild discomfort upon injection; most patients describe a slight stinging or burning feeling that quickly subsides after injection. If you are having your upper face treated you are likely to have around 16 injections in total.
How long does the treatment take?
Treatment with Botox injections takes around 20 minutes to complete.
How long will the results last?
In general, it takes 7-10 days to start seeing the effects of the Botox injections. These results generally last up to 3 months, however this differs between each individual. If you have repeat treatments of Botox, the results from each subsequent treatment will last slightly longer as your muscles become used to remaining in a ‘relaxed’ state.
If you stop having Botox injections your wrinkles will gradually go back to how they were prior to your initial treatment. They will not appear in a worse condition than when you began the treatments.
Before & After Photographs
Price of Botox Injections
- Botox 1 area – £195
- Botox 2 areas – £260
- Botox 3 areas – £320
- Botox Lip – £99
- Nefertiti Neck Lift (Jawline/Platysma Bands) – £325
If you would like to find out more information on Anti-Wrinkle Injections or would like to book a consultation please give the team a call on 01844 211777 or fill out the contact form and one of the team will be in touch.