Helpful Aftercare after Dermal Fillers Tips to Avoid Bruising
When it comes to regaining lost volume on the skin or elimination of wrinkles due to ageing and other factors, getting dermal fillers treatment would be ideal. You can fully enjoy the wonder effects of this non-surgical cosmetic procedure one you know the guidelines in aftercare after dermal fillers that will help eliminate the occurrence of bruising. Once you have followed what you need to do to evade swelling following a dermal filler procedure, you’ll surely see amazing and natural-looking results.
In order to avoid the instances of swelling following the procedure, take a look at the following before, during and aftercare after dermal fillers tips:
Before Treatment Care
- A week before getting the procedure, don’t take medications such as NSAIDs (Ibuprofen, Aleve, Motrin, etc.), St. John’s Wort, Vitamin E, Multivitamins, Fish Oils, Flaxseed Oils, Omega-3, Gingko, Ginseng, Garlic and Glucosamine.
- When you suffer from recurrent cold sores, contact the skin clinic where you’ll be getting the dermal fillers so they can advise you on what medications to take.
- Eat half of a pineapple the day prior to your treatment since this fruit contains bromelain which is known to help lessen skin bruising. Take note, the pineapple must be fresh; hence don’t consume those canned or frozen ones.
- Avoid alcohol consumption 24 hours before getting the treatment for it causes blood thinning.
Day of Treatment Care
- Once again, eat one quarter of pineapple before you have your dermal fillers injection.
- Consume the final quarter of the pineapple following your treatment.
After Treatment Care
- 30 minutes after getting the injection, apply the arnica gel given to you as part of your aftercare after dermal fillers that will help reduce bruising. Continue the application of the gel for 2 days, putting it 5 times daily.
- Right after the procedure, apply cold compress for 8 hours on the body part which received the treatment as this will lessen swelling.
- Don’t touch (except when putting Arnica gel) the treated body part for at least 6 hours following your dermal fillers injections. After 6 hours, mildly wash the area with water and soap.
- Avoid using certain drugs such as NSAID’s (Ibuprofen, Aleve, Motrin, etc.), St. John’s Wort, Vitamin E (including multivitamins with Vitamin E), Fish Oils, Flaxseed Oils, Omega-3, Gingko, Ginseng, Garlic and Glucosamine for at least two days after getting the fillers.
- Lastly, putting too much pressure on the treated area/s must be avoided for a week.
Overall, bruising of the skin can be avoided if you get your treatment from a certified medical practitioner and when you follow the above aftercare after dermal fillers thoroughly.