Dermal fillers – what can they be used for?
Fillers are made from hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance found in the body, which makes them suitable for treating anything where extra volume is needed.
This can include any of the following:
- Plumping out facial lines and creases
- Filling out wrinkles on parts of the body – for example, the décolletage and hands
- Raising indented scars – from acne, chickenpox, etc
- Enhancing the lips
- Adding volume where facial fat has been lost through age
- Filling the ‘tear trough’ hollows underneath the eyes
- Non-surgical ‘nose job’ – straightening the appearance of the bridge of the nose
Fillers are suitable for all types of skin, and usually last approximately 9-12 months, depending on the individual. Thereafter they need to be topped up regularly to maintain the results.
Fillers break down naturally in the body, so they are completely safe for the majority of people.
Aurora Skin Clinic offers dermal filler treatment for a variety of aesthetic applications. If you’d like any more information, take a look at the information videos on our dermal fillers page. Alternatively, you can chat to one of our team on 01844 211777 or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.