6 reasons why you should try Chemical Peels
In recent years aesthetic skin clinics have been witnessing an increase in popularity of skin rejuvenation treatments. According to the Clinical Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology Journal 2014, the USA saw a 22% increase in the number of chemical skin peels being performed compared to 2013. With this treatment on the rise, it is becoming more apparent for practices to provide a broader range of peels for their patients, ensuring that all skin types can be treated.
For those that may be new to the world of facial treatments, here are 6 reasons as to why you should consider a chemical skin peel treatment:
- Peels remove all the old skin leaving new rejuvenated skin
- They can reduce the appearance of wrinkles that can be caused by ageing and sun damage
- They can reduce facial age spots and freckles
- Improvements can be made to the appearance of mild scarring
- They can treat certain skin conditions such as acne and rosacea
- They can improve the overall appearance and feel of the skin
Here at Aurora Skin Clinics, our experienced practitioners have used a range of peels created by well renowned and experienced cosmeceutical brand, NeoStrata. These ranges of peels are incredibly effective at stimulating the skin to encourage collagen to plump the skin, but with only three different types of strengths available, it can be difficult for the team to be able to treat all of our patient’s skin types.
Coming soon- Enerpeel Range!!
We have a new advanced facial skin peel range, Enerpeel, which will soon be available in addition to our Neostrata range. Like the Neostrata range, Enerpeel is a medical treatment using advanced chemical remodelling to remove layers of old surface skin cells. Once removed the body will then stimulate and produce new skin. The Enerpeel range offers a wider range of peel strengths that can treat a number of skin concerns. With this wider range, we are able to offer you a peel that we can ‘bespoke prescribe’ to your skin’s individual needs.
The Enerpeel range is ideal to use on very sensitive skin and has been known to improve the appearance of roscea, eliminate inflammations caused by acne, and target lines, wrinkles, dark circles and smoker lines. The 6 peels in the range include the following:
- Mandellic Acid – good as an introductory peel, and treating rosacea
- Pyruvic Peel- good for oily and sun damaged skin
- Salicylic Acid – good for treating skin that is prone to acne
- Jessnes Peel- good for sun damage and skin with hyper-pigmentation
- TCA peel – good for post acne scars and hyper-pigmentation
- Eye and Lip peel – good to help reduce the signs of ageing around this area
Like the Neostrata range, there maybe a small amount of downtime between peels and a little flaking can be expected.
The Enerpeel range will be available at both the Paddocks clinic in Buckinghamshire, and Gatehouse clinic in Northampton at the end of September, and will be delivered by our Aesthetic Practitioners, Fleur, Bryony and Vicki. We recommend a free consultation is booked before treatment for a full skin analysis to ensure the correct peel is chosen for your skin type.
If you would like to find out more about the Enerpeel, or wish to book a consultation, please call the team on 01844 318825 or fill in our quick contact form.